Sunday, February 23, 2014

Skull Animation

For this assignment, we were tasked with animating shapes in After Effects to create a design and to learn the shape layer animation tools. I created the entire picture in Illustrator so that I would be working with vectors. After I imported the illustrator file into AE, I created outlines of each object and converted them into shape layers. Then, I applied all of the keyframes and fired off a test render. Well that didn't work so well. Back to the drawing board to make some adjustments. This process occured multiple times and needless to say, I am pleased with the finished result. The eyes got a little funky while rendering but no matter what I tried to fix it, it still occurs when i render it from After Effects. Overall, I enjoyed this project and the final result. I wanted this to be sort of an expansion on my vinyl sticker and the only thing that really shows the link between the two is the text on the head. Still looks awesome! The audio is from flashkit and everything else was created from scratch by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment