Thursday, February 6, 2014

Drawing Tablet Digital Painting - Pyramid

I really enjoyed learning how to use the drawing tablet. I used Photoshop in combination with the drawing tablet to paint on top of an image. The selection tools came in big here to help me define the base shapes for the orb and pyramid. I would make a selection on the original image that I was going to paint over. I would then create a new layer and use that to paint but stay inside of the selection. After I got everything painted and looking decent I used some blur in combination with some dodging and some burning to create shadows and highlights. I used various Photoshop brushes to create strokes and shapes that I could blur and liquify to create this awesome pyramid! I don't feel that I am good at using the tablet...yet. I will continue to use one and hopefully ill be able to fully immerse myself in creating art with a drawing tablet. I like how this one turned out if it is only my second attempt at using the tablet and pen combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment