Sunday, February 9, 2014

Dark Vinyl Sign




For this assignment, we were instructed to create a logo and then use the Roland cutting tools to cut out design out of different colors of vinyl. After cutting the design into the vinyl, we needed to weed the excess vinyl off and then stack the layers to create a solid sticker. I used the text Dark and a pair of sinister eyes. The technical aspects of this project were very similar to the process I use to dying disc golf discs. Make a design, cut it out and apply it. I needed to find a good place to stick it and make it look good. After multiple days of searching for a good place to stick it, I decided to put it on my old acoustic guitar. Overall I love the finished product and I am going to be making more vinyl stickers soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment