Sunday, January 26, 2014

Capitol Letters Font Sheet

For this assignment, I was really trying to create a font set that I could use for a few projects that are on the shelf right now. I didnt want my font to be normal everyday characters but instead be an original looking font. The font I developed looks like a cross between electricity and the papyrus font. I like the end result quite a bit and cant wait to use it for a project. The process of creating this font set was to draw each glyph in Adobe Illustrator, combine all parts to form one solid letter and then copy the letter to the font sheet (seen above) and to paste each character into Font Creator 4. After each glyph is placed in FC4, I had to adjust each character to be very close to the same size and adjust the leading and kearning marks so that when being used, the font doesn't overlap letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment